We headed down to Mothers Beach in Long Beach today with a bunch of friends & had a fantastic time. It was kind of a farewell party to a family in our ward that's moving to Utah in a couple days. It was my first time to that beach and it is wonderful because it's off the bay so there aren't any waves. And there is a killer playground. What kid could ask for more?
Liam was in heaven sitting in the shallow water just splashing & crawling around almost the whole time. But when he was done he just crawled out and sat on the shore. He would crawl up to the kids playing in the sand and just sit there playing with them. He's growing up so fast!
Aubrey was afraid of the water at first, but ended up spending the majority of time in it. When she wasn't' in the water or on the playground she was in a sand fight with Bo and Urban. I had to scrub her hair 3 times tonight to get all the sand out.
Dallin would play in the water, then run to the playground. Then go back to the water, then back to the playground. He was hard to keep track of. At one point Dallin grabbed a boogie board and took off for a swim. I looked out and he was hugging the rope in between the buoys. I told him to come back but he insisted he needed help. I kept trying to encourage him to get on the boogie board and swim back because I wasn't about to get in the freezing water. Before I knew it a lifeguard had run out and saved him. It was great. I'm glad there are lifeguards at that beach so I was able to stay dry.
Oh, and Dr. Kovac from ER was there with his wife & 2 kids. I (with Ruth's help) discretely snapped a few shots of him.
1 comment:
That beach looks awesome, I need to take Jude there!! He gets scared of the waves at the beach (Newport/Huntington)
Post a Comment