Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aloha!!! (part 2)

Kauai was beautiful! I now understand why they call it the "garden island". There was a much more laid back feel, or maybe it was just us since we had only planned 1 thing the whole time we were there. We stayed in the Islander on the Beach complex in the Niihau building right on the beach. Our balcony was less than 40 yards from the shore and we woke up to the view of the ocean and sunrise from our bed. Just delightful.
Our first morning there we drove up to the North Shore to take a catamaran to view the Napali Coast. We checked in at a cute little hut in the town of Hanalei (I loved that gorgeous little community. I would be very happy living there) and they drove us down to a canoe to take us to the catamaran. They gave us a wonderful tour along the coast even taking us into caves and under waterfalls. We stopped for snorkeling and lunch before heading back up the coast. They had the best sandwiches and pineapple for us. I was very impressed with Napali Catamaran.










After the rough ride back on the Catamaran we wanted to drive the rest of the North shore just because it's beautiful. We stopped at tunnels beach for some more snorkeling. Stopped at Banana Joes for some pineapple frosties & some fresh fruit for the next days breakfast, then headed to see the lighthouse & grab some dinner before heading back to the condo to watch the sunset.





The next day, which was Father's Day, we had a delicious breakfast on our balcony watching the sunrise then did a 5 mile hike into Waimea Canyon. It took us up to a cliff that had an awesome view of the canyon. I'll be honest, I slipped and ate it like 5 times. Next time I will wear hiking shoes, not old running shoes with no tread. Then we headed to a beach where we heard that sea turtles hang out and we got a few glimpses of them.








The last 2 days of our trip we pretty much just lounged on the beach reading books (I finished Hunger Games, so so good!) and soaking up the scenery. It was just a wonderfully relaxing vacation that I feel we badly needed to take together.

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Sounds like it was such an amaxing trip! Glad you were able to go on it!