Friday, July 9, 2010

The 5th of July! Aka: Liam's first birthday!!!

Yes, Liam is a year old already and we had a hoppin party for him. Only he's too little to go down the inflatable slides we set up in the backyard for Dallin and Aubs to play on. But he did get to enjoy his birthday cake & opening presents. Oh and he loves to sing Happy Birthday. He had never tried cake before and started out slow by dipping his finger in the icing and licking it off. Eventually he dug into the cake and soon after I noticed a glazed over look in his eyes and he had entered into some kind of sugar coma (or maybe it was an I'm gonna barf any minute look). I could tell he wasn't feeling his best the rest of the night. Poor kid! But he sure enjoyed his new toys.









Liam has the most scrumptious smile. He smiles so easily and you just want to eat his chubby, dimpled cheeks up. Just within the last couple weeks he seems to have grown up quite a bit. He is very close to walking, taking 1 or 2 steps then diving to me. He has mastered the stairs (with a spotter. Dallin is a good one) up and down. He eats people food, not baby food and LOVES it. He loves playing outside and tries to sneak out through the hole in the screen all the time, then falls/rolls/scoots down the 2 concrete steps just to get to the little slide on the patio. This kid has a lot of energy, just like his older siblings always have. He is so much fun & I'm really enjoying this stage he (and the other kids) is in right now. He thinks it's funny to hit things (like peoples faces). And he loves to chuck things across the room (he has a really good arm) He still says a lot of words for his age. His newest, clearest one is "all done" when he has finished eating. I don't have his stats yet, but will update when I take him in to the Dr. All I know is that he is a BIG BOY!

And while we were eating our cake we heard some really obnoxiously loud birds outside. We went to see what was going on and saw about 2 dozen wild parrots in my parents backyard. Crazy!!!! And the other day the kids and I walked to my parents & saw an owl. It's like we live in the wild or something!

No comments: