Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July

As usual, we had a great 4th of July this year. After church and naps we went to dinner at my parents house where we had some deliciously marinated (by me) and perfectly BBQ-ed (by Dad) chicken. Then we headed over to Cyndi's where fireworks are still legal and had a great time teaching our kids to be pyromaniacs. Dallin and Aubrey loved the sparklers & nearly burned themselves and others about 500 times. But hey, it was fun. We went a couple houses down for the firework show. They had a fire pit to make smores. (I ate 4. Smores and rice crispy treats are my two greatest weaknesses in life. I can't stop after just 1. I'm known to eat a whole pan of rice crispy treats, which is why I never have them in my house.) And a bunch of other treats and beverages. A great firework show was put on in the street right in front of us, while we were surrounded by big fireworks in the sky. We could see the Los Alameda Air Force Base firework show, among many others. All we heard Aubrey say all night while pointing to the sky was "pretty" "Ooh pretty" "pretty". And Dallin was yelling "Happy 4th of July!" to everyone who rode by on their bikes. He's such a friendly little guy. We were all wrapped up in blankets because it was pretty cold out, but so much fun and worth freezing our buns off.









The 4th of July is probably my favorite holiday, and yes, I say that about almost every holiday. But it's such a stress free holiday where we just get to enjoy family & food & celebrate this wonderful country that we live in (and don't have to get presents for anyone)

No comments: