Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lazy day/ question to all moms

We are having a bit of a lazy day today. It's only 11am but I am declaring it a lazy day. It has been raining for the last couple days and we're expecting a "huge" storm today. Yesterday there was a tornado in Long Beach! That's just craziness! I tried to go running with my friend Amber this morning. It wasn't raining when we started out but about 4 minutes into the run it DUMPED on us and we ended up sprinting home. We were soaked! It was pretty funny. I came home, took a warm shower and put pajamas back on. I have plans to stay in my pjs until about 6:45 when I have to leave for mutual.
So my question to everyone is: What do you do when your very stubborn 2 year old daughter, who insisted on potty training herself has decided (after 2 months of success) that she no longer wants to be potty trained? I don't think I would be as frustrated if the potty training was originally my idea, but she insisted on being potty trained and now she's totally going back on it! Today I told her that if she has a dry day we will go to yogurtland tonight. We will see if that works. If anyone has any tips, please share!!!!!
Our success today!
Love those cheeks and dimples!
Happy boy at breakfast
Aubs yesterday during her photo shoot. Behind her are the curtains I made.
Dallin lounging in his pjs watching tv this morning.

4 comments:

Shelley Nicole said...

All I can say is I am not looking forward to potty training AT ALL! Good luck. Apparently m&m's on the back of the toilet is what worked for me. ONly one per potty ;-) (I have no idea dude)

Anonymous said...

I love your proclaimed lazy day, I think ours will be tomorrow!
As for the potty training, good luck. If she is going to revert to "baby way" maybe take it full force and take away "big girl" things along with it? Just an idea.

Kelsey Crowder said...

wow you have lazy days? we're so lazy, that only our productive days are blog worthy... ")

Megan said...

when you figure out the potty training situation please let me know asap what works. We are having the same problem, except she is 3yrs old now and she was completely trained for 6 months and then the baby arrived and now we are back to diapers.