Monday, August 25, 2008

Ode to Dallin

I was not a very patient mom today. It was a pretty crazy day, and instead of enjoying my son showing me how he fights with a light saber (for the 95th time today), I got annoyed. After the 12th "watch this Mommy" then watching while he stood there thinking of something to do, I sent him off to play by himself. And the list goes on. But after putting them to bed, I started looking at pictures of Dallin when he was smaller, and felt guilty about letting this day get away. It seems that time really does go by so fast, and I'm not always one to sit back and just enjoy the present. My life lately has been super duper busy and I have a tendancy to not put my most important job at the top of the list. Being a mother. I have been trying to organize my life so that my main focus during the day can be my children, but today just was not that type of day. So, as of right now, I'm going to become a more patient mom. One who will watch her son be a "bum dancer" or spida man, and just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts. I can't believe what a big boy he has become and it makes me sad to think that soon he will be "too cool" for all that stuff. So, here's to my handsome big boy! I love you tons! And just stay little.....please!!!!!



7 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

good advice for all of us to heed. Love the pictures, especially the one of you two walking. Miss you!

Jason and Kelsey said...

what a good post! thanks for reminding me to do the same thing!

p.s.
those pictures are too cute...i love the one of you guys holding hands and walking!

Monica said...

wow...the picture of him in orange looks just like Aubrey! how funny!

Anonymous said...

Ah,
I almost cried. I didnt because I didnt want to have to re-do my make up!

Anonymous said...

i agree about the picture of him in orange...wow. but i just wanted to say that the last picture is one of the cutest things i've ever seen.

Leisa Tapia said...

awe Brynn... you're totally making me tear up!!
Time is going by so fast. It seems like just the other day when Jayden was 6 weeks old and we were at your QC house... and Dallin was so cute and little (but still big) and Jayd was just screaming her head off... and then it seems like forever ago too!
You're such a great mom.
I've been feeling like this a lot lately. That I just need to enjoy this time cause it is special and will be gone before we know it!!!

The Burgess Bunch said...

I love that picture of you two walking on the dock.