Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ahhhhhh, deep breath, and relax!

Wow! I think I just had one of the most eventful, most anticipated, and exhausting weekends of my life. Friday night we threw my Dad a surprise "Rodeo" birthday party. And after long hours of planning and preparing, the day came. It was great! He seriously had no idea until he opening the door. The night couldn't have gone any better. (unless we would have ended up with the mechanical bull we wanted) I don't have many good pics from the party since I was so busy, but here's what I do have...




My 2nd major event this weekend was the Disney 5k on Saturday morning. This was my first 5k ever, and it was AMAZING! Shelley had signed me up, so I really had no choice but to prepare myself for it. The run started out a bit crazy. We were in the middle of the crowd and had to weave our way through all the people walking so we could have some space to run. We ran through Disneyland and California Adventures. They had all the characters out, and some of the floats. People were actually stopping to take pictures. We slowed down and took pictures of each other running by them. But it was totally entertaining, and the time flew by. I totally felt like I could have kept running. I have told everyone who I have talked to that we are all going to do it next year. I'll post more info when it comes for all who wants to sign up. And I do plan on doing more 5k's and possibly throwing in a 10k, for anyone who is interested in joining me. Shelley got all the good pictures, so there will be more to come, but for now, these will have to do...


My 3rd, most major, and most stressful event was having to teach today. I teach the miamaids every Sunday, but today was the 5th Sunday, so we combined with all the Youth, and Adults...ALL OF THEM! I don't do well in front of people. I get nervous just for my miamaids lesson every week. And when I'm asked to give the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting, I can't focus on the meeting. My stomach has butterflys, it churns, and is in knots, all at the same time. I don't even know how I can stand because I shake so bad. And this is not an exageration. So, back to my lesson. I think it went well. I don't remember it, it's all sort of a blur. All I know is that I totally had prepared a great lesson, so I just hope that that's what came out. Glenn said it went really well. I just wish I didn't get the nervousness that I do. I told the bishopric that I should be good now for a while and they said "of course, we won't call you for a couple weeks" I sure hope that was a joke! But, thanks to all who helped with ideas and boosting my confidence. I couldn't have done it without you!
And thus ends the most eventful, fun, exhilerating, stressful weekend I have ever had. At least the one with the most preparation involed. So now, I can sit back, take a deep breath, and enjoy tomorrow with the fam. Nothing to stress about, nothing to plan. Just relaxation! Woohoo!

5 comments:

The Railsback's said...

dec 6th! She is so excited

[M] said...

I am jealous of your disney 5k, it sounds so fun. I think it would be fun to do that HB 5k with you, but I'm not sure which days we are going to be in CA yet.

p.s. I love the cake

Hangin with the Burke's said...

I am so glad that you did it and enjoyed it. I will do it next year for sure!

Leisa Tapia said...

Good job Brynn!! I totally want to do a 5 or 10K with you soon!!
sound like a fun and crazy weekend! I miss you like crazy!

love,
Leisa

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I'm exhausted just having read it. Way to GO! Glad the lesson went well!