Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doozy couple days

Man, last week started out to be a doozy! While we were up at the cabin I noticed a bump on my leg. It started growing a bit so I put a circle around it when it was about the size of a 1/2 dollar. After I had gotten home from the cabin it was about the size of an apple, and growing... It was painful too. That night I went to my now sister-in-law Cate's bachelorette party (wearing pants so nobody could see it) and it really hurt to walk. After I got home I called our bishop (who's a podiatrist) to see if he would check it out. He gave me antibiotics & told me it was a spider bite with a secondary infection. The next day Glenn was in our garage & found and killed a brown recluse spider! What? And it was right where I remembered brushing something off my leg. Ahhhh! I was bit by a brown recluse! Thank goodness I started on the antibiotics!

So 2 days later Glenn & I woke up to the smell of smoke. We layed in bed trying to figure out what was going on, then realized there was smoke in our house! Glenn ran downstairs & found the microwave running, but the micros computer & light were completely fried. Turns out Aubrey wanted to heat up the rice pack (heat pack) and who knows how long it was in for. There was smoke pouring out of it & it very quickly filled the house. We had to run out the front door & I took the kids over to my moms so Glenn could air the house out. It's now 1 week and 1 day later and I'm finally feeling like there's hope that our house may smell smoke free someday. It smelled like a casino all of last week.

So I was a bit grumpy most of the week since it stunk so bad in our house, but the week ended out wonderfully! I will get to that in the next post.

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

WOW! You have been a bloggin' Mama! Way to go! I'm glad you clarified the smoke in the house situation. I had seen Blythe make a comment on FB, but I wasn't sure where the smoke was from that she was refering to. Glad you guys are all safe. Do you think the kids turned it on without you knowing or something?

Leisa Tapia said...

holy blogger - Batman!!! I feel like I just missed and caught up on a year of your life!!! sorry about the spider bite, and the smokey house, everything else sounds so fun and awesome though!!

Seriously miss you!