Monday, August 16, 2010

nerves

Man, this has been an awesome summer. Packed full of time with my kids & family. Now, with only 2 weeks before kindergarten starts, I'm a bowl full of nerves. I guess for a number of reasons, but mainly for Dallin to go to school. I'm not ready to lose my freedom to do/schedule things when I want to. I'm hoping Dallin gets a good teacher, and that he makes friends quickly. I'm also worried about my sweet little boy being corrupted by the outside world. I know that Dallin is such a strong, great kid and he is happy & works well in any situation. I know he will thrive in kindergarten. He thirsts for knowledge and loves to be challenged. I just can't believe that my baby is starting school in 2 weeks!

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I can't believe it either! Did he go to Preschool? If not, I can see why this would be especially nerve-wrecking. I felt like the first day of a preschool was a BIG thing. Kindergarten is that much more to me. You'll be great & he'll do wonderful, I'm sure.

Margaret Sorensen said...

It's only a small adjustment from "My mom says......" to "Teacher says......." Not totally heart-breaking. Remember, "What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." LOL

Brynn said...

Yes he did go to preschool. I didn't feel like the 1st day of preschool was a big deal. Maybe because it was only a couple days a week. But kindergarten is everyday!