We started out with surprising Amber at her house, which was quite difficult since nobody could get her to commit to being home, but it finally worked out. We had arranged a babysitter for her, and had previously canceled her plans for that evening without her knowing. We gave her a couple minutes to pack up, then we grabbed some lunch and headed up the mountain. That night we hit up the Alpine Slides which were AMAZING! I can't believe I didn't know about them. I'm going to be riding those every time I go up and I'm sure my kids will love them too. Then we headed to The Village for some pizza, which was delicious, but the service was total crap, so who knows if our pizza got spit in. Then back to the cabin for tons and tons of dessert. We had arranged for everyone to bring something that reminded them of Amber to give to her to take back to Idaho. It was so fun hearing the different stories (all funny of course) and the great memories that we all have with her. We didn't go to bed until 2, which is ridiculously late for us old moms. I honestly don't remember ever having laughed as hard as I did that night. It was just so much fun. We are so glad we were able to pull this whole thing off without her having any idea. She will be missed so much by so many!!!!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Amber's farewell
Amber, one of my favorite running buddies, is moving back to Idaho so we decided to throw her a surprise, girls only get-away up to the cabin in Big Bear. We had a total of 11 friends up there and I seriously can't even begin to describe the fun we had. We are all moms and it seemed as though we were all just giddy to be up there with each other. Collectively we have 28 kids. Wow, that's a lot!
We started out with surprising Amber at her house, which was quite difficult since nobody could get her to commit to being home, but it finally worked out. We had arranged a babysitter for her, and had previously canceled her plans for that evening without her knowing. We gave her a couple minutes to pack up, then we grabbed some lunch and headed up the mountain. That night we hit up the Alpine Slides which were AMAZING! I can't believe I didn't know about them. I'm going to be riding those every time I go up and I'm sure my kids will love them too. Then we headed to The Village for some pizza, which was delicious, but the service was total crap, so who knows if our pizza got spit in. Then back to the cabin for tons and tons of dessert. We had arranged for everyone to bring something that reminded them of Amber to give to her to take back to Idaho. It was so fun hearing the different stories (all funny of course) and the great memories that we all have with her. We didn't go to bed until 2, which is ridiculously late for us old moms. I honestly don't remember ever having laughed as hard as I did that night. It was just so much fun. We are so glad we were able to pull this whole thing off without her having any idea. She will be missed so much by so many!!!!










We started out with surprising Amber at her house, which was quite difficult since nobody could get her to commit to being home, but it finally worked out. We had arranged a babysitter for her, and had previously canceled her plans for that evening without her knowing. We gave her a couple minutes to pack up, then we grabbed some lunch and headed up the mountain. That night we hit up the Alpine Slides which were AMAZING! I can't believe I didn't know about them. I'm going to be riding those every time I go up and I'm sure my kids will love them too. Then we headed to The Village for some pizza, which was delicious, but the service was total crap, so who knows if our pizza got spit in. Then back to the cabin for tons and tons of dessert. We had arranged for everyone to bring something that reminded them of Amber to give to her to take back to Idaho. It was so fun hearing the different stories (all funny of course) and the great memories that we all have with her. We didn't go to bed until 2, which is ridiculously late for us old moms. I honestly don't remember ever having laughed as hard as I did that night. It was just so much fun. We are so glad we were able to pull this whole thing off without her having any idea. She will be missed so much by so many!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a REALLY fun night. I felt like a hyper 12 year old that all the moms hate when.
Post a Comment