Saturday, May 29, 2010

Marina Vista Park half marathon!!!

That's right folks, I completed my first (and very possibly only) half marathon today in 2 hours & 27 minutes. I do have to say that it was one of the most difficult things I have ever accomplished, natural childbirth being the other. The only difference being that after childbirth you get a beautiful baby and after a half marathon you get sore muscles. (thanks for the analogy Amber) But seriously, I'm glad I can check this one off my list of things to do & I will most likely stick to 10K races from now on.
It was a great experience though. We ran the whole time only stopping for about 3 seconds one time to stretch, and about 5 seconds after Amber started peeing her pants. Seriously, all of a sudden I hear words I could only imagine coming from a drunkin sailor and see her drop her pants while diving into the planter bedded with woodchips that we were running next to to finish peeing. I was dieing laughing. That right there made running 13.1 miles worth it. And then hearing her complain about having rocks and woodchips in her pants for the last 2 miles gave me energy to pull through. I'm just hoping that I will be able to get out of bed in the morning. My body is so sore!

almost to the finish line. (we were both struggling hard core at this point)
still struggling
All 5 moms that trained together! Emily, Kellie, me, Lindsay, Amber. All together we have 11 kids.
sweaty, salty, hurting, exhausted me
Amber & I
Amber, myself & all our kids
My little family
My awesome husband who threw me a suprise 30th bday party last night that I will blog about later.

2 comments:

Leisa Tapia said...

you're so amazing!! I'm almost tearing up reading this!!.. except for the pee part... that just makes it freaking awesome!
All you moms are inspiring! Can't wait to die doing one myself

love you- you rock!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Congrats on the half marathon! WAY TO GO! Congrats too on hitting your 30th with a 1/2 marathon (along with 3 kids) under your belt!!! :o)