I have to say my favorite part of Mothers Day is breakfast in bed. I love listening to the kids and Glenn get up. I've had a problem with not being able to sleep in past 6:15lately, but I thoroughly enjoyed not jumping out of bed to get everyone fed. I love listening to the excitement in the kids as they get presents wrapped & ready to bring upstairs. And my favorite is when they sneak in and think they are waking me up with a loud "Happy Mother's Day!!!!" then run up & give me hugs & kisses & cuddle up in bed with me to watch me eat my strawberry waffles & open presents. I think mother's day may be my favorite holiday.
After church we headed over to my parents house where all the men BBQ-ed hamburgers and the moms & sisters got to sit around and talk. It's a grand time.
I love being a mom. It's definately the hardest job I've ever had, but the most rewarding also. And I'm so greatful for my kids who are so entertaining! And I'm so greatful for my husband who makes mother's day so special for me. And of course I am so greatful for my mom and all she has done, and still does for me.
2 comments:
Dallin told Sean and I that your waffles are much better than Daddy's...happy mothers day...
That sounds grrrrrreat! I will aspire to such spoiling on Mother's Day someday!
Post a Comment