Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day/Birthday weekend

We had an amazing Memorial Day weekend. It started off with Glenn throwing a suprise party for me on Friday night. I seriously had no idea. I had been telling him for pretty much 2 months that all I wanted to do for my 30th birthday was go out to dinner with some of our friends. About a week ago he told me that it wasn't going to happen and he was just going to take me out. I was kinda being a brat about it because it seemed like a simple request, but he ended up exceeding my expectations & we had a wonderful night. He had blind folded me so I had no idea where we were going what he had put on me. It was fun.



Then Saturday was our half marathon that I already blogged about.
On Sunday Glenn had to leave for his closing residential in Lake Arrowhead and was to be gone for 4 days, so I took the kiddos up to Papa's cabin. We had a blast! Not far up the road from the cabin are tons of trails that you can hike on. On Sunday I took Dallin on a short hike. He loved climbing the rocks! On Monday (my birthday) I took Baylee & Becka on a hike for a couple hours. We found huge boulders that we climbed and had an awesome view from. Then we headed to Big Bear lake to check it out and followed that up with some of the best spagetti I have ever had & some birthday brownies. And on Tuesday I took Aubs & Dallin for a little hike together. I seriously can't describe how much I enjoyed it. The kids loved exploring and keep asking when we can go back up & hike.
Glenn got home today & now has 1 more week of school. He graduates on June 13th and we leave for Hawaii on the 15th. Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm so excited. Well, here are pics from the hikes.









In the next 2 pictures Dallin is driving Master Kanobe's ship (from Star Wars). His imagination really went to work while on the hikes. He was trying to see what different trees and rocks were in the shape of.


No comments: