
Today I decided to go to the mall with Blythe and the kids. I usually hate the mall, but today I was excited since I hadn't been in such a long time. We had a nice Ghingas Kahn lunch, the kids were all pretty well behaved and eating VOLUNTARILY. (doesn't happen all that often) We then made our way to the Disney store. The kids LOVE the Disney store. I bought Dallin a Little Einsteins shirt since that currently is his favorite show. On our way to The Children's Place, we got distracted by the fountain, pictured above. Dallin loves to lay on his tummy and put his hands in the water and splash a little. He told me he wanted to get a rock that he saw at the bottom. I told him no, and we were going to finish shopping. Then, before I could even comprehend what was happening, Dallin's feet flipped over his head and he was laying back down IN THE FOUNTAIN! He went COMPLETELY under the water. We pulled him out and he started SCREAMING! It totally freaked him out, but we couldn't contain our laughter. His screaming/crying was SOOOOO loud that everyone on the first & second floors were starring at us. People that were walking by actually stopped to see what was happening. I could feel people judging what kind of mom I was. Totally humiliating, but hilarious at the same time.
I got Dallin into his new, dry shirt and was trying to get out of there when security came after me telling me I had to file a report and they needed my information. I told them that was lame and I was just going to go home.
Thank goodness for a mellow baby that just sat in the stroller watching while everything was happening. More on her tomorrow...
6 comments:
that is a great story. Oh my goodness I totally could see that happening to me. Or anyone with a boy, or rowdy girl. Don't you love the unexpected.
As soon as I heard the word fountain, I was scared for you. HA HA! That had to have been AWESOME! Remind me to share my own mishap recently that's a little too much for the blog world. Oh man, it's good!
Side note - that picture made the Brea Mall look so much brighter than it really is.
way to go B! I probably would have done the same thing!!
I love that you guys were laughing and that you told the guard a report is lame. love it, love it- and I hope Dallin got that rock down at the bottom! ..and genghis khan sounds SOO good right now!
I can't believe how hard I am laughing. The fact that you couldn't help but laugh while fishing him out just makes it even better. You have to laugh or you will just cry. I love it!!! Thank you for sharing!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hhhahaaahahahahah! OH my gosh, I don't know why that made me laugh so hard! lol It was a good visual... and you saying NO to the security gaurds was way funny to me too! lol
Post a Comment