Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Delayed post

Is it just me, or are 3 year olds more difficult than 2 year olds? I don't feel like Dallin ever had really bad "terrible 2's" But now that he's 3, stand back! Don't get me wrong, he is still genuinly a great kid, but he has figured out how to argue, thanks to some neighbor kids. Our biggest problem lately has been getting him to take a nap. He's always been a great napper/sleeper, but he's finally realizing there are fun things he could be doing instead. So, I tell him that he doesn't have to fall asleep, but he does have to stay in bed until I tell him he can get out. He will stay in there playing for an hour, then fall asleep. Today he showed me how he can do summer-salts on the bed. I can only imagine that is what he's practicing when he's supposed to be sleeping. But it has been working out pretty well.
So this post was done 2 days ago, but I was having a hard time uploading the picture & video. Dallin has been so much more behaved since then. We have limited time with certain friends of his and it really has helped with his attitude. He's back to the fun loving, crazy kid with only an attitude when he's tired. WAY better than the kid with an attitude who sometimes has fun! HOORAY!
Here's a video I found today while downloading pictures. Glenn must have taken it this morning while I was gone. I love finding these!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yes! to your first question. Davyn has been the same. Two was a breeze, but once he turned three his attitude arrived. And we've been living with it ever since. Good luck with your little guy...soon this phase will be replaced by something even more fun :).

Leisa Tapia said...

wow! Aubs can totally walk around!! how crazy! I hate being away from your kids growing up so fast!
Sorry about Dallin! Jayden has been definitely turning up the attitude and saying weird snotty stuff! I need to figure out if she's getting it from me (most likely and I don't realize it) or from someone else. At least you know the source and can adjust that and see him go back to normal! hope they aren't like reading your blog and thinking, oh crap! that's my kid that's the bad influence!! ha ha (hopefully its just family :))