Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Bear/Memorial Day run

For Memorial Day weekend this year we headed to Big Bear for a couple nights. I know I say this all the time, but I LOVE it up there! It is so rejuvenating. This trip we went on a couple hikes and climbed on rocks. It was so much fun because all 3 kids were totally into it and could do a lot of it themselves. My camera battery died and I forgot the charger, so I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked but enjoy what I did get. Oh, I forgot to mention that it snowed overnight while we were there. I was amazed how cold it was, but it was a nice break from the heat down the mountain.
Glenn decided to run in the Laguna Hills 1/2 marathon to help with his training for the Spartan Beast he will be competing in at the end of June. He seriously did AWESOME! His time was 1 hour 53 minutes! I do have to say that it was really neat going to a race, but not participating in it. And the start line festivities there were the coolest I have ever seen. They had some Marines march in the flags for the National Anthem and talked about our service men & women. I don't know if it is hormones, but I was totally emotional. They even had a Humvee start off the race. It was so cool to be able to spend time on Memorial Day with so many service men & women. And I'm so proud of all the hard work Glenn put in to his training.

2 comments:

Sara Warren said...

Way to go, Glenn! He looks so great! You both look so happy and healthy! Jeanette and I were talking about how great you look in those family pictures and how healthy you guys look! We're jealous. ;o)

I'd love to see a prego picture!

Sara Warren said...

PS - Love the pic of the kids peeking through the rock!