Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!!

Last Tuesday Glenn took me out to celebrate my birthday a couple days early. It was the BEST day! We started out having an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. It was very obvious to both of us before the technition even told us it was a girl. We have been so excited and I was totally giddy the rest of the day. After that we headed down to Corona Del Mar and started our walk/hike/rock climb. I don't know why we don't take advantage of the coast more often. The weather was perfect and the tide was low so we made it to Arch Rock. Heading back the tide started coming up so we had to do a bit more rock climbing/scaling than we did on the way. Man, it was fun! And Glenn was a total trooper considering he was super sore from his half marathon the day before. We had planned on having dinner at Rusty Pelican but I didn't really feel like seafood and didn't want to be stuck in too bad of traffic so we went to P.F. Changs at the Garden Walk in Anaheim. Turns out I ordered the salmon. (So much for me not wanting seafood. For dessert we went to Downtown Disney to the Jazz Kitchen for the Banana Fosters. Oh it is heavenly!!!! But I have to admit the most exciting part of the day was heading back to my parents house with PINK balloons for the kids to tell them they will have a little sister. The look on Aubrey's face was priceless. She lit up! Dallin on the other hand wasn't too excited at first, got over it real fast. I was worried about Liam because he would argue with me saying it was a boy and he was going to have a brother before we had found out, but he was totally cool with it and talks about his baby sister all the time now. I am really excited for this baby. I have started planning outfits and dresses and headbands to make for Aubrey and the baby girl to match. Well, like I said, it was such a fantastic day!

3 comments:

Coco Lucas said...

How exciting! I am sure Aubrey is thrilled. We too had some problems with a certain boy who was sure he was having a little brother. I am happy for you guys, such a sweet family you have!

Sean and Nicole Lambright said...

That's so much fun! Aubrey will love having a sister!

Sara Warren said...

Sounds like an amazing day! Happy belated birthday! I'm so excited for you guys! Is the plan to stop with an even score or keep going while you're ahead? ;o)