Sunday, January 22, 2012

Updates starting with us


2011 was kind of a rough year for us. We had a feeling at the beginning of the year that it was going to be pretty crappy, and it really was. I can't really think of specifics as to why, but it just was.
We are thinking 2012 is our year. We have a great feeling that good things will be happening this year and are excited for the adventures that stand before us. Since I haven't blogged much over the past couple months I thought I'd try to catch up on all of us.
Glenn is still looking for a different job. We are optimistic that it's coming sooner rather than later. He has been working some overtime which means he's been leaving the house at 6:45am-ish and doesn't get home until about 6:00pm. He has been going to the gym after work to train for a Spartan run that we are doing on Saturday in Temecula. It's 8 miles with at least 15 obstacles. Kind of like a mud run. This is his first time doing any sort of race so he's pretty excited. He has lost quite a bit of weight and looks really good. He is currently serving as the 1st counselor in the Young Men's organization.
I (Brynn) have also been training for the Spartan run. I gained a few (6, yikes) pounds over the holidays so this month has pretty much been focusing on knocking those off so I can actually run. I've lost about 4 of the six, but am feeling in much better shape and I'm really excited for this run. I am still working 1 day/week and really enjoy the break. I love being a stay at home mom and am so grateful that I can stay home. As with any mom, I've had my challenges, but it's been totally worth it. I am currently serving as the secretary in the Young Women's organization, which is really nice. I have been in the YW's for almost 5 years in this ward and love the girls. I was recently moved from the 1st counselor to the secretary so that Glenn could be put in with the young men. I have really enjoyed the change and learning a whole different side of the YW organization that I kinda didn't really acknowledge that it existed.
Glenn & I will be celebrating 8 years of marriage on January 30th, 2012. I can't believe time has gone by this fast, but we are still happy & love life together.

1 comment:

Jody Weiss said...

You look beautiful and your kids sound so fun! I hope this year is your year!!!!