Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Years

A couple days after Christmas we headed up to Hurrican, Ut to visit with Glenn's family. We were there through New Years & had a great time. I pretty much sat on the couch and read "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" or knitting (yes I'm like an 80 year old) the whole time while the kids were busy playing with their cousins or helping Grammy in the book store. And Glenn loved watching sports with his dad the whole week too. We took the kids new bikes so they could ride them for a total of 20 minutes. There were just so many other fun things to do. Like dig for rocks.
For New Years Eve we hung out watching the party in Times Square with the intention of celebrating with New York. About 3 minutes before the ball was to drop they stopped showing it. The only station we could find the ball dropping on was Telemundo. So we counted down in spanish. It was great. The kids were in bed by 10:30and Paul, Margaret, Glenn & I rang in the new year at midnight. Yes, I actually stayed awake this year. (it helped that we were in Utah which is an hour ahead of what I'm used to)




No comments: