Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Collision

Here's a quick fact about me...when I don't know how to act, or am in a stressful or awkward situation I giggle. Can't help it, I just do.
On that note...I stayed and talked to another mom today at kindergarten pick up while the kids were running around getting some energy out. Deep into our conversation we hear a splat and loud crying. Secretly hoping it wasn't one of my kids, I turn around and see that it wasn't one of mine, but two of them. Dallin and Aubrey had collided somehow and both fell to the ground. Aubrey ended up with a bump on the back of her head and Dallin with a black eye & super puffy cheek. We still aren't sure what he hit. So, with moms all around me vocalizing their "Oo"s and "Awe"s I ran over to the kids, hugging both at the same time...and started giggling. Totally NOT appropriate, but what else would I do? I couldn't give each child the full attention they needed and all eyes were on me...awkward, stressful situation=giggling. (what kind of mother am I?)
Unfortunately I walked to pick Dallin up today. So, with 2 crying kids (and one oblivious to anything having happened) we had to figure out who would sit and who would walk. Since I couldn't choose who was in more pain I ended up giving Aubrey a piggy back ride while not so gracefully pushing Dallin & Liam in the stroller...ALL the way home...giggling.


6 comments:

Fitzys said...

like when Dallin fell in the fountain at the mall and you couldn't stop laughing...or was that me??? i can't really remember now. LOLOLOL

Fitzys said...

like when Dallin fell in the fountain at the mall and you couldn't stop laughing...or was that me??? i can't really remember now. LOLOLOL

The Manzo's said...

Oh Brynn, I love you! My favorite part about all of this is that you took pictures!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Carrie said...

Poor little dudes! :( I think you're awesome- better to laugh than cry?

Kelsey Crowder said...

oh.my.gosh. that last picture is HYSTERICAL! hahahaha i loved everything about this post! so funny!

Luisa said...

Brynn! I am loving my hair! I'm so happy we went for it. Here on your blog I am seeing the story you told me about today...you need to take a new picture of Dallin's eye...that one you've shown definitely does not do it justice!