Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids quotes

I have thoroughly been enjoying listening to my kids converse with each other (and me). They say the funniest things. Here are some quotes that I that I've been writing down & putting on the fridge to remind me to post them.
Dallin & I were preparing to have the missionarys over:
Dallin: I don't ever want to be a missionary
Me: Why not?
Dallin: Because they can never watch T.V.
after explaining the whole missionary thing to him, he asked if he can be a dad after he gets back from his mission.
Dallin: I can't wait to be a dad
Me: Why?
Dallin: Because I want to tell my kids what to do all the time.

The next day we had Dallin's friend Abby over;
Abby: Brynn, how old were you when you learned how to do hair?
Me: I was about 19
Dallin: Wow, that's old. Yeah, and now you're a TON of years old...like a TON of years.
Shortly after this conversation Abby & Dallin decide to head upstairs;
Abby: It's kinda scary up there
Dallin: Uh, I'm a Jedi Knight (so matter of factly, and he grabbed his light saber & marched upstairs)

So Aubrey says really cute things & I frequently just want to grab and squeeze her because she's just so adorable. Almost every day while Dallin is at school she will say "I miss my Dallin"
Her favorite song right now is "A whole new world" and she will sing it for almost anyone who asks. Love her!

And today I was sitting at my parents kitchen table enjoying a a miniature bag of M&M's while visiting with Brooke & Mike. Toby (Brooke's 3 year old) was sitting next to me eating. In his cute little raspy-ish voice he says "Did you go poopoo on the toilet?" Wondering where that question came from I answered "Yes I did." Toby, being completely satisfied with my answer, went on eating. Brooke then realized that he saw my M&Ms and explained that when he goes poop on the toilet he gets a miniature bag of M&Ms. So he thought that was my prize for going. I couldn't stop laughing, it was so cute.

4 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

I love it when people tell those stories! I was laughing out loud; thanks for sharing!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Cool quotes & I love all the pics from Dallin's first day of school. He is SO grown up. Glad to hear its going well!

Brooke said...

All of the kid quotes are hilarious! I'm going to read them again.
Brooke

Cate said...

Oh man, I was just laughing by myself. I wish going to the bathroom by ourselves still warranted getting prizes.