Friday, September 17, 2010

Dallin's first day of Kindergarten


Dallin's first day of Kindergarten was on Sept. 1st. Yes, I realize it was a couple weeks ago but I haven't really been in the blogging mood lately. Hopefully that will change since I have a lot to catch up on. Dallin was so excited for his first day of school. He would tell everyone that he was starting kindergarten. And I mean EVERYONE! The checker at the grocery store, the other shoppers in line at check-out and the fellow parents shopping for school supplies. And that's on top of all the family, friends and church-goers that he had already told. The day finally came and after his favorite breakfast of french toast & a smoothie we walked up to his school. He talked the whole way there without stopping for a breath, while I was huffing and puffing since it's uphill the whole way there.
The drop off was successful and simple. And I had a wonderfully quiet morning thinking about how much fun Dallin was having at school.
At pick up Dallin came straight over to me and gave me a big hug. When asked how his day was, the single word he chose to describe it was "Boring"....what? boring? he was supposed to say awesome. My heart sank. I thought school would be a fight from there on out. Turns out he was bored with all the rules. Once I explained that the first day is full of rules but the next day would be fun, he was excited to go back. And it has been wonderful since. For both of us. Dallin enjoys learning, and I enjoy some quiet time. Liam naps almost the whole time Dallin's at school, so it's just me and Aubs to entertain each other. We walk him to and from school and it's something all of us enjoy doing. His teacher is wonderful and I can't wait to see what this year has in store.

No comments: