At this point putting a diaper on Aubrey was the best idea ever. She had told me she wanted to be a baby, which is why she was totally ok with wearing a diaper. She thought it was so funny. She would walk around saying "me a baby." Yesterday morning when Liam woke up I grabbed Aubs and her baby doll. As I fed Liam, I gave her a bottle to feed her baby. Then gave her a bowl and spoon to pretend feed her baby breakfast while I gave Liam his. I called her "Mommy Aubrey" all morning. She took care of her baby so well. About mid-morning she jumped on the toilet and pottied all by herself. The rest of the day she just used her diaper. This morning she woke up and jumped on the toilet. She would not let me put a diaper back on her. She would say "Me NO baby" I convinced her to let me put a pull-up on her. She hasn't had any accidents today and I'm not even asking her if she needs to go.
From birth Aubrey has had a very independent personality. At the age of 7months she would not let us feed her. She insisted on feeding herself, even though at 7 months she wasn't capable of doing so. We eventually had to just give her little finger foods that she could feed herself.
So what I'm learning about potty training her is that it has to be on her own terms. I just going to let her do her thing, as long as she wears a pull-up. We'll see what happens.
5 comments:
i'm so glad for you.
Eliza was the exact same way! Sometimes it sucks but I am hoping it helps when she is a teenager and sticks up for herself with peer pressure!
I believe in pull-ups, I do. I'm so using them if I ever get the opportunity.
She reminds me of Talmage. The independence of that boy can drive me crazy. Good for you though, I wish he would grasp the whole potty concept. But till then we are still using the dang diapers.
At least you don't have to worry about forcing her to potty train. A single mom of twin boys that are three and not yet potty trained is trying to force them to potty train
Post a Comment