Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter festivities

We had a great Easter this year. My kids get so excited over every holiday, birthday, and basically anything that's not just normal, everyday activities. And I think it gets more fun the older they get, and the more kids there are in the family. Here's the run-down of our Easter festivities;
The Friday before Easter we invited Allie, Bo, and Josh (Dallin's "best friend" from church and school) over for pizza and to frost sugar cookies. I know, real healthy, but it was a super fun day that ended up with a dance party. Man, my kids LOVE to dance. They are super excited for Kenny and Darcy's wedding coming up, and now we have another wedding to look forward to, Congrats Blythe and Curtis. Anyway, it was a super fun little pre-Easter party. (don't judge how white trash the girls look. I wouldn't let the girls wear good dress-up clothes to frost cookies)








Of course we colored eggs the night before Easter and set them out for the Easter bunny, who put them in the fridge for us, and kindly his plastic eggs and their baskets throughout the living room. The kids were so excited and loved looking for their baskets. I made them empty their baskets/buckets into their toy bins so they could use their buckets to find eggs. Liam got the hang of finding eggs, but was totally content with his 4.
For dinner we headed to my parents house for some delicious grub and great company. I'm so grateful I have family so close by that we can have dinner with and enjoy being together.



No comments: