Sunday, May 15, 2011

Joy School

We started an experimental session of Joy School for 3 & 4 year olds to see if it is something we will want to really do next school year. Aubrey is loving it and is absorbing everything she is learning. She is so in her element and a really well behaved student, when I'm not the teacher.
Last week it was my turn to teach, which I hadn't totally been looking forward to. Tuesday was a curriculum packed day, but went pretty well. Thursday was a field trip day. We took them on a nature walk to the park with their bug viewers that we made on Tuesday. We learned about our 5 senses. We looked for bugs, listened for birds, felt the grass then came home and roasted, smelled and tasted hot dogs. It was a great day at Joy School!


2 comments:

sammysangel said...

your kids are the cutest

Katie Schultz said...

You taught a great lesson, It definitely sunk it. Yesterday Ruby was really distraught about a worm that got dried out on the side walk and accused me of stepping on nature. I tried to tell her that I didn't step on the worm and that it was the suns fault that the worm died.