On June 13th this year Dallin turned 8. I don't get it. It seems like somehow the last 8 years were fast forwarded. Since the age of 8 is a big deal for us Mormons we threw a big party. We had a glow in the dark party with more glow sticks than I even knew existed. We played dodge-ball, tag and other invented-by-an-8-year-old games...in the dark. It was so fun for me to prepare for this party. I got to decorate tons of stuff with glow in the dark paint and hi-lighters. Almost every night Glenn & I would plug in the black light to see what would glow. At the party Glenn set up his DJ equipment and had fun music playing the whole time. We had pizza and taquitos per Dallin's request.
Dallin wanted a Skylanders cake so after much thought and preparation I came up with this...
I was so proud of myself. I had never worked with fondant before but I found a recipe for a marshmallow fondant and had at it. It was a ton of fun and this cake (or rice crispy treat cake) was super easy. I think I may have to play with fondant more often.
Dallin's favorites at 8:
Food- Beef Stroganoff
Dessert- Chocolate cake
Hobby- watching TV (is that even a hobby?), Reading
Sport- baseball & obstacle races
Book- Captain Underpants
Toy- Legos & other things like Legos
Candy- Fruit by the foot
Color- Blue
Place- Disneyland
Animal- Cheetah
I want to add that at age 8 Dallin's feet are as big as mine. CRAZY!
No comments:
Post a Comment