Friday, July 5, 2013

Memorial day/ My birthday

Glenn signed us up for some runs in Laguna Hills for Memorial Day this year. Last year Glenn did the half marathon and I got to be a "spectator" which was awesome. They had a bunch of marines marching with the flag and some hummers and tanks to start off the race. This year Glenn signed up for the half marathon again and signed me up for the 10k (6.2 miles). Nearing race day I had decided I would just do the 5k since I am not in shape but my good friend Carrie decided that she would come and make me do the 10k. I was totally excited that she was coming, but not so excited about doing the 10k. It turned out awesome and we ended up walking probably half of it, but got in some much needed talking. And of course Glenn killed the half marathon. He came in in just around 2 hours. AND of course I have no pictures to show for this day. But it was great.

4 days after Memorial Day was my birthday. Glenn stayed home from work that day which was awesome. I got to get up and go for a run while he got the kids ready and off to school. I actually got to shower and get dressed and ready for the day. Including my hair & make-up. That doesn't happen all that often these day. We had been planning on heading to Big Bear for the weekend so we stopped off at Cafe Rio for dinner then headed up the mountain for a little party. It was perfect & low-key. I love my little family and how excited the kids get to celebrate a birthday. 





 It was a relaxing trip to the cabin. I think the only thing we did out of the house was go to the Alpine slides (or pine cone slides as Aubrey likes to call them)
And a photo shoot with Reese wearing bunny ears was the only thing to document our trip (other than the photos above)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The picture of you with the kiddos is adorable! You're a blessed woman!