Yesterday this beauty turned 7 months! In celebration we took her to the Dr. for her monthly weight check because she is so small. SERIOUSLY! I have a small baby! I never thought that would happen but I am enjoying it so much.
Her stats at 6 months on 5/10/13 (since I didn't get around to doing a 6 month post)
weight: 13lb 10oz (down from 4 months) 10th %
height: 25" (25th %)
Her weight at 7 months was 14lbs even making her lower than the 10th %. At her 6 month check up the Dr. told me that if her weight didn't go up we would have to do testing to see if anything was wrong so I really tried to give her as much milk as possible to get her to gain weight. Luckily I had a ton of frozen breast milk. Yesterday at the appointment, again luckily, the Dr. said we will give it another month to see how she does before we run all the tests. He isn't worried because she seems totally healthy and doesn't have any signs of having anything wrong. Honestly, I just think my milk isn't as calorie dense as it was with the other kids despite all the supplements I have taken. Maybe it's because I have totally changed my diet from what it was when I was nursing the others. But, for that reason I have decided to start supplementing with formula and I feel really good about it. I feel it's the best thing for us to do.
Well, Reese at 7 months is crawling. Yes, totally crawling! Seems super early to me but maybe it's just because she is so tiny. She is all over the place and gets into a lot of stuff. But she does love to just hang out and watch things going on around her too. She started pushing herself to sitting around 6 1/2 months, the same time she started getting on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth.
Reese seems very wise beyond her years (or months). She just has this look in her eyes that makes you think she can see into your soul. She is a super happy baby and is usually smiling. Very rarely crying...seriously, very rarely. When she does cry it's because I walked out of the room or she bonked her head on something. Oh, or she pooped. She FREAKS out after she poops. Does not like wearing a dirty diaper which hopefully will make potty training her easy. She does giggle but you really have to work at getting it out of her. She loves her siblings and lights up when they walk into the room or start talking to her. Oh, and I can't forget about her hair. It has a mind of it's own. It has super cute curls at times and other times looks like she put her finger in a light socket. It's pretty hard to tame. Maybe I will start pig-tailing it.
I love having such a chill baby. I thought this day would never come. She is totally happy sitting through church on our laps. Doesn't make any noise just kicks it. She loves playing with toys and her very favorite thing to play with is a plastic water bottle. She does love to eat her fruits and veggies when we give them to her (not very often because they wanted us to focus on getting as much milk in her as possible). She LOVES to eat Mum-Mums and puffs.
Seriously this baby brings so much joy to my life (and the rest of the family). I love taking care of her so much! I feel so blessed to have such a sweet spirit in our home.
1 comment:
That's cool about her being wise. I totally get it. I felt the same way about August, except for with his sense of humor. It wasn't like he did anything notably funny, you could just see it in him at a very early age. Like he knew his audience and worked it. So awesome that you have a sweet heart on your hands. I can't get over how tiny she is though. Wasn't Dallin like 100% higher than her weight as it pertains to the average for kids. Night and day, eh?
Post a Comment