We did way too much this Halloween. It was all fun, just exhausting. We started off with our ward Trunk or Treat on the Wednesday before Halloween, Aubrey had her joy school party on Thursday, we crashed Brea 3rd wards trunk or treat on Friday, and on Monday Dallin got to dress up for school, we headed to the Block party up the street from us and ended the festivities with trick or treating. At the block party the kids got to ride ponies and Dallin climbed all the way to the top of a huge rock wall. He did so great and was so proud of himself. I'm pretty proud too. Man, I'm exhausted just writing about it. I think the biggest stress was trying to keep the costumes clean but by trick or treating time they were pretty thrashed. The kids got their faces painted at the block party which totally threw off their costumes. It looked like they were in regular clothes with their hair colored and faces painted. People probably thought we were pretty white trash. If only the older parents knew who Phineas and Ferb and Candace are.
Oh, Dallin had a costume parade at his school and after he marched around with his class he said "Mom, I'm a hit! Everybody loves my costume and Mrs. Noller said I'm a hit!" He was pretty stoked.
All 3 kids loved being the Phineas and Ferb characters. Even Liam would walk around and say "I'm Ferb". If someone asked if he was Phineas he would growl and say "NO, I'm FERB!"
I can't finish this post without talking about our new pet. We bought a stuffed Perry the Platypus for Phineas to carry around (in case people couldn't tell who he was). The kids have taken such great care of him. They feed him, make him a bed and love to play with him. He's the closest we will ever get to having a real pet, so I'm glad they are enjoying him.
1 comment:
Looks so fun! We miss you guys! Your kids look so cute in their costumes. What a fun idea!
Post a Comment