Friday, August 24, 2007

Summertime

I love summertime!!!! Having a 2 year old during the summer, actually makes life more fun. He forces me to get out of the house and take him places.



Luckily we have good friends who have given us an open invitation to their pool. We totally take advantage, and love every minute. Dallin is getting really good at swimming by himself (with his life jacket) back and forth across the pool.




We went to Chuck E Cheeses for the first time for a play date. Dallin was so excited. I don't think he's ever seen so many toys!



And our favorite place to go... Disneyland. My sister and I try to take our kids there at least once a week. It's a lot of fun for them, and a great cardio workout for us. Dallin loves all the characters! He'll patiently wait in line for them, then when it's his turn he runs into their arms for a big, big hug. In this picture, Minnie didn't want Dallin to get off her lap, or stop kissing him. It was hilarious.




And what would summertime be without illness. We always know when Dallin is coming down with something because he'll just cuddle up on us and fall asleep. Or fall asleep in his highchair, either from exhaustion, or the medication. But all in all, we have had a great summer so far, and hopefully will have a few more fun times before it cools off.

4 comments:

Leisa Tapia said...

Thats so cute!! And so nice that someone lets you swim! I'm so jealous of your d-land trips! and Dallin is so cute! Its awesome you get to enjoy him, with no other kids around... for now:)
I miss you!
Nice post!

Leisa Tapia said...

dude, who are these people on your blog...? I don't know any of them! weird

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Ok, that last picture of Dallin asleep is hilarious! He looks like a grown man. Is it wrong that I actually like the cuddly factor that comes from kids being sick. Abby won't cuddle otherwise. There's just something so precious about them needing us, huh? I have issues, don't I?
(Don't answer.)

AuntKiKi said...

Ohhhh so cute! You're ahead of us, man! Aaron HATED the pool when he was a kid! Kiddie pools were ok, but the actual "pool" pool? No way! Caity just started going under the water this summer! How funny!
I feel for ya on the sugar testing, man! BLECHT! I remember tellin the nurse "I think I need a bucket!"
Hey, if you need help with GURLIE shopping just hit us up! Caity can't pass by the baby isle without saying "Rylee needs that!" so I'm sure she'd LOVE to add Lil' Aubrey to her list!
WE miss you guys!