So at the beginning of the week I had to do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test since my previous 1 hour test came back with the numbers a bit high. For those of you who don't know what the test consists of, you go to the lab, they take your blood, then have you drink a very nasty syrup. It's double the glucose than the 1 hour test, so it makes you feel totally ill! Then you sit in the waiting room for 3 whole hours!!!!!! They take your blood every hour, and after the 4th blood test, you get to go home. I seriously have track marks & bruises up my arm. Anywho, today I had my prenatal checkup, and I passed the test! Thank goodness!!!!
Also, me & the baby are still measuring big, so in another few weeks we're going to have another ultrasound. The Dr. sounded like he just wanted to move my due date up from my last ultrasound, but since we're doing a VBAC I think he wants to be a bit more precise. So that is music to a pregnant mothers ears.
Other than that, everything is normal, and I'm feeling good. I bought my first baby girl clothes the other day, and it was really weird. I'm so used to boy stuff that I couldn't tell what was cute or not. Dallin really helped with picking out shirts.I'm sure I'll get the hang of it & start enjoying shopping for girls clothes soon.
2 comments:
congrats on passing the test...what a relief. you are lucky, my baby is measuring small and they pushed my date back 10 days.
She sounds bitter... ha ha
Anyway, yeah! no gestational Diabetes!! phew, what a relief. Better hear all about the next ultrasound of the little girl... ya, I keep looking at stuff for your baby and I don't know what you'll like, so put a pic of what you have bought and maybe i'll know what to get you guys.
Post a Comment