Monday, July 30, 2012

Summertime, Part II, Swim lessons & misc.

After we got back from Utah the kids started swim lessons. I absolutely love swim lessons. We spend so much time in the water that it just puts my mind at ease knowing my kids know how to get to the wall if they need to. Our city does a 2 week class and I put all 3 kids in. Here's the run down of how each of them did; Dallin of course did awesome. He's such a good swimmer and just enjoys being in the water. His class was all about technique. His teacher this year was Gina. He has decided that he wants to join a swim team.
Aubrey did amazing the first week. Once her teacher (Nikki) made her learn how to come up for air on her own she kind of freaked. It was hilarious! She totally knows how to swim and can make it across the whole pool, but for some reason she didn't like not having something to grab on to to take a breath. I guess she's my cautious one.
Liam cried the whole first week. Not just cried, screamed! But he willingly went back every day. The first day of week 2 something changed and he had a smile on his face the whole time. He LOVED it! And he totally learned how to swim, thanks to Miss Kara (the best teacher ever!) He can't manage to come up to take a breath, but he can jump in and swim to me, or turn around and swim to the wall.
All of the kids jumped off the diving board with no problem. (Although Aubs had to be thrown off her first time but after that she willingly jumped numerous times) We all have so much fun during swim lessons and I'm always sad when they are over.
We also squeezed in a beach trip before Glenn had to go back to work, and celebrated Liam's 3rd birthday (more on him later). Oh, and I can't forget 4th of July! We went to Glenn's sister, Cyndi's, house for a BBQ & fireworks and had a fabulous time. (but I did forget the camera)
I'm sure I have mentioned how much I love summertime. We are having a blast! My sister, Brooke, is here with her 4 boys and we have been playing like mad! Beach days, Chuck E Cheese, swimming, swimming and more swimming and the next 2 weeks are packed with fun! Man, I'm going to be exhausted!

No comments: