Last year I printed my blog up in book format. I think it is the coolest thing and I look at it quite often. With that being said, I am going to start posting about once a week just to update on our lives. Nothing exciting, just basically what we have been up to. This past week was a busy one. I was released from my calling as 1st counselor in the Young Women program, and called back as the 1st counselor in the YW program under a new president. I'm really excited that I get to stay in there. I have been working from a station in my friends "garage salon" every Tuesday. It has been such a blessing and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I really do have a passion for doing hair and I love being able to concentrate on it while my kids are having fun at their grandma's house.
As for my kids this week... they have been hilarious. (and a bit whiny) Tonight we went to my parents house to celebrate my brother Kyle's birthday. Dallin gave the blessing on the food and it went something like this " please bless Kyle that he will make it to heaven soon. And that he will go to work and save people from the fires." (Kyle is in the fire academy for L.A. County fire) I could barely control my laughing during that prayer. We don't want Kyle to go to heaven soon. But we have been working with Dallin to think about his prayers so he doesn't just say the same thing every time. I'm very proud of him for being so thoughtful in his prayers. And yesterday we went for a bike ride to a park about 2.7 miles away and Dallin rode the whole way there and back on his bike (no training wheels). He totally surprised me. He was a total trooper and kept up with us the whole time.
Aubrey is such a sweetheart and loves to take care of Liam. Liam doesn't always want to deal with it though. Aubrey's favorite thing to do this week is dance and sing to her primary songs. She LOVES them. And I love that we have primary songs playing in our house all the time. She loves gum and I can get her to do whatever I say if I promise a piece of gum. And gum is a miracle worker for sacrament meeting.
Liam is quite the little talker. His favorite things to say this week are "bless you daddy!" (after a sneeze) "bonk a head" (when he bonks his head) "where's Aubrey?" "I love you, mommy" "happy birthday (fill in name)". He seriously talks so much and you can understand most of what he says. He talks way more than Dallin and Aubrey did at this age. He will repeat anything and everything. This week he repeated his first dinner prayer. And when we read the scriptures he will repeat after us when we help him read. He loves choo choo trains and making any kind of noise. He eats a ton and asks for smoothie all the time. And we think he might be left handed.
Glenn has passed up the 3 mile mark for his runs. I am just amazed at it because he runs SO fast. Like less than an 8 minute mile pace. He has totally lost weight and it super fit. As for me, I haven't gone running in about 2 weeks and I feel like I'm starting to gain some weight. I better start running again this week. I will need to take & post some pictures. But hey, I'm just proud of myself for actually blogging.
2 comments:
This may seem very novice..but how do you print out your blogs? I'd love to do that with mine!
Oh Brynn! I just signed up for a program that helps you "tell your story". It is really cool!
Post a Comment