Monday, April 13, 2009

Just for the record...

28 weeks. (sorry, it's the best picture I have. sad...I know)
Well I am officially in the 3rd trimester, and having mixed feelings about it. I'm a little bummed because I know the discomfort is coming on, but I'm excited because I'm almost not prego anymore! I can't wait to get back to normal for my extremely patient kids. Although it will be a messed up kind of normal for them since there will be another kid, but at least I will have more energy.

Prego update: (for journal purposes)

After the excrutiating 3 hour glucose test it has been determined that I do not have Gestational Diabetes. Thank goodness!

I had to get the rogahm shot today in my right butt cheek and it hurt.

Baby is really healthy

Mom is healthy and plump. A little enemic, have to start taking iron. Could it be because I can't even think about eating chicken? Gained 25 lbs already. (that is how much I gained TOTAL with each of my other 2)

Crave lemon filled donuts and Barq's root beer. (now we know the reason for weight gain)

Also crave the smell of gas and rubber. I hang out in the tire or bike section whenever I go to walmart, costco, or target. I have a little rubber bouncy Easter egg that smells like petrolium and it is delicious. I wonder if this craving will go away once I start taking the iron?

I guess all in all we are doing pretty well, and hopefully will decided on a name before the baby is born.

7 comments:

Amy said...

For the record, you do not look like you've gained 25 pounds! I was so proud of myself at my 10 week visited because I had gained nothing yet...well, my 14 week visit is next week and I'm super scared. My appetite (and sweet tooth) has gone crazy.

What in the world is a rogahm shot? I'm going to have to go look that one up. Yuck!

Your gas and rubber fixation is cracking me up...so weird.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You look beautiful! I still can't believe that I haven't seen you since I found out you're prego. Seems a shame since we live so close. Hope to see you soon!

Love you!

Carrie said...

Oh so familiar! Rhogam shot and all (those puppies burn.) I was more of a bleach & laundry detergent kind of girl so it's good to know there are other freaky smeller people out there. Does rubber just make your mouth water? & I have 20 lbs. STILL to get rid of -tear. -tear. -tear. Good luck to you on the home stretch!

Rachelle said...

You look great! Good luck in your last trimester (*shudder*). When I was preggo with Tori, I loved the smell of cigarette smoke (ewwww)! Not something I could just hang around and enjoy....

The Manzo's said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad you don't have Gestional diabetes, believe me it sucks! I don't wish that on anyone!!! Also I agree with everyone else, you do NOT look like you have gained 25lbs!

Leisa Tapia said...

I love this random and hilarious pregnancy update post!!! you are so funny! I am anemic too and doing weird things... although not quite as eccentric as the loving rubber smell.. very amusing thought!!
Yep.. bring on the discomfort and the end of this pregnancy!!! hip hip hurray!!
And I love that pic in the post above of Auds with the egg... such a doll!!

lmsteele said...

Brynn,
You look great. Congrats on the 3rd coming in July! With mine in September, they can be buddies. I am so glad you said hi. Your name actually came up a few weeks ago in reference to our gym days! Oh what fun we had. If we end up in CA, we will have to get together! I love candy and soda too...but really only soda when I am prego...and definately the root beer...wierd!