As for our trip...we could not have asked for a better time. We had a blast everywhere we went. I'll give you all the run down, so if you don't care, this is where you stop reading.
We started our trip on a houseboat with my family, the Brunners, and Espinoza's. We went to a lake called Pine Flat, kinda by Fresno. The lake was AWESOME! It was glass at least until noon every day, and while we were there, the weather was perfect. (we barely had to run the air on the boat) So here are some pictures....
I did ski, and even though I do have a hot bod, I'm not going to post a bathingsuit shot of me. I don't want people to hate me. Our next stop was St. George to drop off our kids. While there we went to the St. George temple where they had a sculpture display by the same lady who did the sculpture at the Newport Beach temple open house. It was amazing. It all was so life-like and you could see the pain in people's faces.
+ So, after we dropped the kids (which was a lot easier than anticipated) Glenn & I headed up to the University of Utah for our Stake Youth Conference. I seriously did not expect to have as great of a week as we had. I knew it would be good, but not THAT good. Our speakers consisted of Elder Zwick of the quorum of the seventy (he spoke in the last General Conference), Dan Hess, Alex Boye, Chad Lewis, Sister Dibb, who is PRESIDENT MONSON'S DAUGHTER!!!!! All speakers were incredible. We hiked Ensign peak, visited the Salt Lake cemetary and saw prophet's graves, including President Hinckley's. We had workshops in the 10th ward chapel, where Pres. Hinckley grew up going to church, and got to go to the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. We had a 4 hour testimony meeting, that was awesome to be at. I don't think there was 1 minute that I did not enjoy. The spirit was so strong throughout the entire week, and who better to be there with than my husband. I was so happy he was there with me, even though we had to stay in different dorms.
I am seriously so greatful to have been able to attend Youth Conference and strenghten my testimony. And I'm so greatful for Glenn's parents & sister's for watching our kids so we could be a part of such a wonderful event. Thank you!!!!! So after conference, we met up with our kids & Glenn's parents in Manti for the 4th. I swear both of our kids doubled in size over the week. Aubrey had started crawling before we left, but she had started pulling herself up on things. AHHHHHH! She's way too young! She is a fearless little thing, and wants to walk so bad. Anywho, on with our Manti trip... we went to the little fair they have every year, then to Uncle Jim's house to watch the fireworks. Uncle Jim lives right by the Manti Temple, and they shoot the fireworks off from the High School on the other side of the temple. So the show we see is the fireworks right in between the two towers of the temple. It is breath taking. I love being in Manti for the 4th.
Dallin got to run in his first race too, which he was really excited for. Check out the video.
Well, it is definately nice being home, but we had such a great time being with family and friends. Thanks to everyone who made it possible! We love you!
3 comments:
Sounds like the whole trip was fun. Of course I wish I could've been at the lake. I love that little crab thing that Aubrey is in. Looks fun!
That picture of Aubrey on the picnic blanket is the cuuuutest! I'm gonna have to hit you up for some pictures of Dallin on the lake trip because I'm putting together a few scrapbook pages and ended up having maybe one picture of him. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, Aubrey looks like she's gonna be walking any day now. Can't wait!
The jealousy of the waterskiing experience is coursing through my veins at this time. Everything looks way fun though! I'm glad you got to play :)
Post a Comment