Friday, May 23, 2008

A few things....

I kinda have to play catch up with this post (usually with every post) since this past week was just INSANELY busy. It started monday morning with doing hair, and didn't stop until today around 1:15pm. But I have had a chance to breathe, so now here comes the posting...
First I just have to tell everyone the my almost 3 year old sons favorite new word is "CWAP". Here's how I figured it out;

D: cwap, cwap, cwap, cwap
Me: are you saying clap, clap, clap, clap?
D: no, cwap, cwap, cwap, cwap
Me: yeah, clap, clap, clap, clap!
D: no, cwap, like "Awe cwap!"

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I taught my son to say crap, or the fact that I laugh while telling him that it's a Mommy word, not a Dallin word.

And on to the good example of parenting...Last weekend was the Fathers and Sons outing. Glenn really wanted to take Dallin, but couldn't spare the couple hours of studying he would lose by driving out there. Solution: put up a tent in the backyard.


They took the portable DVD player out there and watched CARS. I could hear Dallin reciting the movie inside the house. I hope it didn't bother the neighbors.
Since then, a night has not gone by without Dallin asking to sleep in the tent. It will be a fun summer!

Random:

Glenn came home late after school Thursday night to find this ginormous RACCOON wandering the complex. I didn't know those existed here.

Happiness:
Holly and I took the kids to CA Adventures on Wednesday. It was a little crowded, but nice to be back to almost the happiest place on earth. (Note: my bicep/arm really is not as large as it looks)


And finally, the joys in my life...


And the countdown begins.... 3 weeks until Glenn's summer break!!!!!

4 comments:

Leisa Tapia said...

awe! your kids are so cute and so much fun! I love the camping in the backyard idea! That's awesome! and I love the "cwap" story... Jayden has repeated that once or twice.. but never remembered it, I guess i have to be careful... but its too freakin funny!! Can't wait to come see you guys!! yeah!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big Aubrey is now.
May I just remind you that when you were little you said, "A flying cwap, a flying cwap!" Like mother, like son.
I need to see you guys!!!

Luisa said...

The cwap story is so funny...I love that you kept clapping thinking that was what he was talking about:)

Carrie said...

Did Aubrey take to the sling right off, or did you have to break her in? Chloe can NOT stand anything, a snuggli, baby bjorn or a sling like the one you are sporting, and I dont' know what to do!