On November 9th Glenn turned 40. He had signed up for the Santa Barbara FULL marathon to celebrate. That's 26.2 miles folks. Insanity! It ended up being one of the best weekends of our lives. We had so much fun. We left on the 8th and drove to Santa Barbara. We woke up bright and early the morning of the 9th and had to seperate to get to our different starting lines. I was running the half marathon. It was beautiful sunrise and perfect temperatures. My race was a bit rough but I finished. Glenn finished his race in 4 hours and 10 minutes. I was so proud of him! I wasn't expecting him to cross in under 4:15. Then after seeing how 2 miles were straight uphill I expected him to be way over his time. There was a creepy guy that sat next to me while I was waiting and I wanted to get away so I headed to the finish line to wait for Glenn earlier than planned. And good thing I did! He crossed shortly after I got there. He was amazing! And so energized and excited!
After hanging out there for a little bit we headed to Solvang where we were going to stay the night. It was gorgeous and our hotel was such a quaint little Danish Inn. I loved every minute of that stay. We walked around and ate...a lot! I wish we could have little getaways like this more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment