Sunday, August 12, 2012
Bone dig/lake trip
Another fun thing we did while the cousins were here was have a dinosaur bone excavation. I had been saving nasty bones for like a month. Mostly rib bones and pork shoulders, but it was nasty. Finally the day came to get rid of them. I buried them in a planter in my parents backyard and let all the kids go at it. They really enjoyed it! They each had their own shovel and paintbrush (to dust the bones off). Dallin knew I had been collecting bones for this, but was so good about playing along saying they were dinosaur bones. He actually made me believe that was what he really thought.
The day after our bone dig we packed up and headed to Lake Elsinore. Anybody who knows me knows that my favorite place to be in on the lake. I will admit that Lake Elsinore is not my favorite lake, but it ended up being a perfect day out there. The water was smooth most of the day to where I was actually able to take the boat & sea doos for a spin. Ah, I loved it! My kids share my love for the lake and had such a great time. Before we dropped the anchor Aubrey was afraid the boat was going to float away so she was crying and holding onto it. (I remember doing that as a kid too. She is her mothers daughter) Once it was tied up she was fine.
We had all 10.5 of my parents grandchildren with us. It was so fun being together.
We will be heading to Lake Mead in a week and the kids can't stop talking about it. I will admit that I am probably just as excited as they are. (I just wish I could ski)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment