Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Dallin-ism

It seems like my only blogs are quotes from Dallin, but honestly, they are the easiest and fastest things to record. Soooooo, yesterday I took Dallin to Disneyland. Just mother and son. I made the mistake of taking him on Tower of Terror as our first ride. he didn't like it very much. We moved on to more "Dallin appropriate" rides and I thought he would love Soarin over CA. We get to our seats, he saw the seat belt (very similar to the one on Tower) and FREAKED OUT! I had to ask the worker how to get out. She told me to go back the way we came in. I told Dallin if he didn't calm down we would go home. That made him full on lose it. I would have to say it was the worst tantrum I have ever seen any child throw. He screamed bloody murder the whole way back out and all I could do was giggle. Once on the tram, and once calm, Dallin says "Mommy, I'm really really sorry. I left my manners at home." Now that's my son. The sweet, caring little guy. I do have to say that I take full responsibility for the tantrum. He doesn't throw tantrums, he was just so scared from going on Tower (the ride I had forced him to go on. I know, I know, Mom of the year.)

On a different note, we had our primary program today. It was Dallin's first time being in one. He was the first kid to say his part, which was pretty long for a Sunbeam, but he totally nailed it. He said it slow and clear and into the mic. The primary president told me after that he was the only kid that had memorized his parts. During the intro to one of the songs Dallin took the opportunity to have a solo and start the song 2 measures before the rest of the primary. It was really funny & cute. Everyone busted up laughing. I was told after that he started at the spot they had practiced, but the pianist played 2 extra measures. My smart kid! The rest of church was fun because everyone I walked by would just chuckle and comment on how cute Dallin is. He is such a good kid and I am so grateful to have him as an example for my other kiddos.

7 comments:

sammysangel said...

very cute and tower of terror wasnt scary ok id admit i was scared at first to get on but i did an glad i did

Anonymous said...

Poor Kid, but at least he apologized. That is impressive!

amber buhrley said...

He is a pretty cute kid! I love having him in primary.

Shelley Nicole said...

He really is! And hiliarious! And dude, don't worry about the forced riding at Dinseyland, lol, I say force them all!!! make him go on Soarin' next time, lol

lmsteele said...

Brynn,
It is Lisanne! Your long lost work out buddy! I noticed that Glenn is at UCI. Jeff has been looking there since UCLA didn't need him or our money! Anyway, BYU is our first choice, but you need to tell me our UCI is. Jeff really liked their program but didn't know anyone in it! Tell me details!!! We miss you guys!

lmsteele said...

I can't spell. I meant to say tell me HOW UCI is! I am challenged!

AuntKiKi said...

haha..I almost busted a gut laughing over that "left my manners at home" bit! hahahah...What a smart kid!!! I can't wait to see what an adult he'll be when he's actually an adult!! hahah. Love it!