Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy 5 years!!!!!

(our engagement picture, I haven't put any of our
wedding pics on the computer yet. But I'll post when I do)
Glenn and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday, and I have to say it was one of the best dates we've gone on. We had my mom take the kids ALL day. We started off doing a session at the LA Temple (where we were married exactly 5 years ago, and even on a Friday) It was such a beautiful, warm day, just like our wedding day. Brought back so many fun memories. We had planned to go to the Getty, but got out of the temple too late, so we skipped the Getty, ate at Baja fresh, and headed up Mulhulland Dr. I had never been to this tourist spot, but it was really nice, with a great view. Our camera is a piece, so don't judge on the quality of pictures. We will be getting a new one soon. And the quality of the camera makes me look like I'm gaining weight, but of course it's not the case in real life. hehe

Here we are with Downtown LA behind us. Don't mind the smog, it frequents here.
And here we are with the Hollywood sign behind us.
It took us a good 1 1/2 hours to get home. We freshened up & headed to dinner at Bubba Gumps. Shrimp Louis was hanging out & we wanted to get a picture with him. The worker lady with him offered to take the pic. This is the first picture she took. Then she says "the light was shining, so move over here & I'll take another on"
So she takes this one and says "Perfect"......right!
Glenn had a surprise planned for after dinner, and I was so excited because usually I can figure out what he's planning, but I really had no idea this time. So we headed out toward Long Beach. When we got off the freeway it him me! He was taking me on a Gondola! I have always wanted to go on one. We got there a little early, and they had the best atmosphere for us to wait in. There was classical music playing, the only lights around where the strands of Christmas lights (see pics) and it was so quiet & beautiful out. So we had a photo shoot...



We were on the Gondola for about an hour. The Gondolier would sing to us at different times during the ride. It was so calm and peaceful out. We only saw like 1 or 2 other boats. We went through the different water ways in Naples and looked at all the super nice houses with boats docked in front. We had Sparkling Pomegranate cider and bread & cheese. It was great! I'm not going to get sappy on here, but I am definitely grateful for Glenn and our last 5 years of a wonderful marriage. Here's to eternity!!!!

6 comments:

Jason and Kelsey said...

What a sweet husband you have! I'm glad you guys had such a fun day, and I think your little belly is lookin SO cute! I love it!

amber buhrley said...

How fun! Matt proposed on a Gondola in Vegas. They are so romantic!

Leisa Tapia said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is such a cool cool date! you have a very awesome husband and geez... you should toss that camera if its making you gain weight... :)
Love and miss you and your awesome family

Shelley Nicole said...

Sappy...he he...oh why not! Sappy is alright. So, that was fun to look at! Happy Anniversary! It blows my mind that it's been 5 years, and also I had a hard time recollecting that it happened in January, for some reason. But then it came back to me :) You guys look cute, and that all looked like loads of fun! Your belly is tiny. And I like your hair. And I like that picture of you chilling on wood bench thing. And I forgot that a gondola is a boat because I always think of the ones that used to be at Disneyland that were the buckets on the cable in the sky that went through the matter horn. Happy Anniversary!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Sounds like an awesome date! Tell Glenn, "Way to go!!" I'm kind of jealous. ;o)

The Manzo's said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years already!!! CRAZY, I totally remember going to your wedding!!! Happy Anniversary Friends!